Friday, November 20, 2015

THOSE GIRLS

Tomorrow is the day.  Adina and I will be shooting our last wedding of the season together and my heart is a jumble of emotions.  I know we only live a short two hour drive away from each other, but these weddings always gave us an excuse to hang out despite our busy and often times hectic schedules. 

I remember the first wedding we shot together.  It was also the first wedding I had ever photographed.  I arrived at the Starbucks in Port Alberni forty-five minutes early so I could have a snack and calm my overwhelmed nerves.  When she arrived, I grabbed the two iced teas sitting on the table and - trying to stay cool - casually made my way to her car.  And just like that we were on our way through the windy roads that lead us to Ucluelet.  Seriously.  I'm not sure if many of you have been to Ucluelet, but the road is like a very long and very windy rollercoster.  I'm not sure if it was the nerves or what, but as much as I tried to stay my chatty ole self, I felt more and more nauseas as the drive went on.  Not quite the first impression I was hoping for, but Adina was so sweet and made sure I was well taken care of.  And the wedding?  It went off without a hitch and we both had so much fun.


Through the 12 weddings she generously allowed me to join her on, we have developed such a great friendship.  We were talking the other day and she was making yet another plea for me to move there.  We'd be known as THOSE GIRLS.  Whenever one of us is downtown without the other, they'd come up to us and ask, "Where's Julie?" or "Where's Adina?" because we'd always be together.  Because we're just that cute.

Adina, I like the way you think ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment