Wednesday, April 20, 2016

START EACH DAY WITH A GRATEFUL HEART

We should go, I said as we sat on a log watching the sun set on the beach...I don't want to miss the ferry.  Okay he said reluctantly; he took my hand and we made our way back to the car.  As I made my way through a short cut, I felt Omar tug on my hand as he kept me on the trail, I want to buy you ice cream he said.  Knowing we were running late, I agreed - I can't help it, those puppy eyes got me hooked!  THIRTY MINUTES LATER we were back in the car.  We're not going to make it to the ferry I said - holding back the tears.  I had a wedding the next day and suddenly that peanut butter ice cream didn't seem worth it.

After driving at unforgiving speeds, we made it to the ferry terminal 4 minutes after the cut-off and that was it.  I burst into tears in the middle of the parking lot.  I'm so sorry, he said as he held me in his arms...I'll get us a hotel for the night and you can leave first thing in the morning.  I immediately felt bad about making it into such a big deal.  He wiped away my tears and I could feel a smile forming on my lips.  I may have unexpectedly missed the ferry, but I got to spend another night with my favourite person - who could complain about that?!


I boarded the ferry the next morning, coffee in hand, as I waved goodbye to my loving boyfriend and another great week at the Canada Photo Convention.  Once docking in Nanaimo, I drove straight to a wedding to second shoot with Adina, which we later realized was the one year anniversary of shooting weddings together #cheers.

Life might get in the way sometimes and make us lose track  of what's really important.  The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.  Train your mind to see the good in every situation and start each day with a grateful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment