Friday, July 10, 2015

THE PERILS OF BABYSITTING

Today I was left with the undeniable Auntie Roll to babysit my grandsiblings today.  What a chore!  First they wanted to go downtown to the library to do this Make Your Own Bookmark thing, then, after realizing it was for little kids when we got there, decided not to go.  So we came home, walked to 7-Eleven and bought a package of Mentos and two bottles of Coke Zero, because according to them, Coke Zero works the best.  

By now I'm sure you know where this is going.  Yes my friends, we made our own gysers with some pop and mints.  We got them ready outside and on the count of THREE they dropped the Mentos into the bottles and the pop fizzed up to the top, tickling down the sides of the pop bottle.  Immediately they were dissapointed that the dropping of the mints didn't cause a huge explosion of pop around the backyard.  I had to explain to them that 1. We didn't have a big enough bottle of pop to make it 'explode' out of the spout and 2.  Did you really think I was going to let you fill the back yard with pop residue in the middle of summer.

So, needless to say, next week we will be redoing the experiment.  Coke and Mentos 2.0.  Prepare yourselves folks, it will be one for the record books.



Just kidding, I'm not that ballsy ;)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment