Wednesday, August 26, 2015

STATE OF MIND

These past three weeks have been a whirlwind.  As you all know, I have been second shooting with the greatest mentor turned friend, Adina, this summer and these last few weeks have been cray.  Since being a wedding photographer is my end goal through this journey, I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon this opportunity.  Not only do I get a chance to experience the ebb and flow of a wedding day, practice and learn new techniques and to think on my feet, I get to experience a taste of what wedding season feels like, so that when they are my own weddings, I can better prepare myself - because Lord only knows how much more work is involved when they are your own clients.



Looking back even a year from now, I still cannot believe how far I have come.  All my life, I have never been one to take risks, but something happened to me a year ago.  I can't pin  point what it was exactly, but it changed my life and made me a better person.  I've had the chance to meet incredible new people and have encountered even more incredible opportunities and experiences.  Sometimes I have to pinch myself to reassure myself that I am not dreaming.  And as the greatest band in history once said, Never give up on the good times, living it up is a state of mind.  Okay, okay...maybe the Spice Girls weren't the greatest band of all time, but you get my point.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment