Wednesday, October 7, 2015

DEAR DIARY

I remember as a child always begging my mother to buy me new diaries, notebooks and  journals with the hopes of writing my story.  Everytime  I would find a new one, I would point and whip out the good old puppy eyes.  What about the last one I bought for you? she would ask.  But this one has cats on it!  Mom, pleeeeaasse!?  So with that another book was added to the collection.  I would write in it for a couple of days, always starting with Dear Diary...and I would go on and onn about pointless stories about the friendship bracelet I just braided for my BFF and what I had for dinner that night.  Eventually, I would get bored and it would be tossed into the pile of unfinished journals and that would be it until I talked my way into the next one.

I've always loved getting new journals.  There's something about the fresh clean pages just waiting to tell a story.  But somehow, for whatever reason, my intentions fall flat and I am left with a sad stack of unfinished journals.   Clearly, nothing has changed.


This year, I have taken to writing in them more often.  And the odd thing is, I love it.  I don't know why I've never been able to keep it up.  I suppose life just gets in the way and I forget.  The same old story.  We've all been there.  I was writing in one of my unfinished journals this weekend and I was overcome with an overwhelming sense of...well, I'm not sure what it was.  Wonder.  Joy.  Happiness.  Hopefulness.  You get the point.  I normally begin with five things I am grateful for and if I am feeling the feels, I'll write a little bit more.  Although a tad awkward, I thought I'd share with you what I wrote that night.  

October 4, 2015

1. Music that awakens your soul
2. Kitty snuggles
3. Finding new friends who are just as crazy as you are
4. Tears.  Happy and sad
5. Realizing you're a lot stronger than you thought you were

I feel changes coming my way.  This is it.  It's really happening.  I never thought this is something I could do - I've always lived my life thinking that I'm not good enough.  But, if I have learned anything this year, it's that I am a lot stronger than I ever thought I could be.

Don't give up on your dreams.  Find what lights your soul and stop at nothing until you make it real.  We all got the sizzle, now's your chance to strike that match and light it up, baby!


Here's to finishing the half-used journals.  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment