Thursday, February 11, 2016

27 THINGS : HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

After spending the long weekend in Vancouver this past weekend as I turned yet another year older, I've come to realize a couple things.  Like, how much I rely on coffee to get me through the day or that my cat is arguably my best friend.  

Here are a few other things that I have learned, come to realize, etc. in the past twenty seven years...

  1. Sunglasses, bright lipstick and a great necklace look good with any outfit.
  2. Life is too short to not take risks.
  3. Buy less, choose well.
  4. Wash your face every night, even if you're tired.
  5. Life will still go on even though no new Doctor Who episodes will air this year.
  6. Cat videos cure all of life's problems.
  7. Coffee is always the answer, but I could also say the same for wine.
  8. I hate doing the laundry.
  9. Be you, even if other people think you're weird.
  10. Eyeshadow primer will save your life.
  11. It's ok to have a wardrobe made completely out of black.  Bring it on Morticia Addams.
  12. Always invest in a great pair of shoes.  Your feet will thank you.
  13. Surround yourself with people who pull you up not push you down.
  14. Dry shampoo is the best thing ever.
  15. I'll never get sick of the Backstreet Boys, N'Sync or the Spice Girls.  Deal with it.
  16. Reach out/talk to strangers...you just might surprise yourself.
  17. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
  18. Make time to read a good book.
  19. Chase after your dreams, even if it scares you.
  20. I need time to process decisions or changes to plans.
  21. Tea is sometimes just as good as coffee.
  22. There's always room for desert.
  23. It's ok to get another year older...it only makes you wiser.
  24. You're never too old to wear scrunchies or to jump in puddles when it rains.
  25. There's always room to explore new things.
  26. You wont find me without at least 3 tubes of lipstick in my purse.
  27. Being a wedding photographer is the best job ever!

Thank you to all the amazing people in my life who made turning twenty-seven that much more special. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment