Thursday, March 31, 2016

HARD WORK AND A LOT OF HEART

I kissed him goodbye and quickly gulped down my last bit of coffee.  I was on my way to the first wedding of 2016 which I was second shooting with Adina.  Love you I yelled as shut the door and made my way to the car.  It's crazy how so much can change in a year.

This time last year I hadn't even shot a wedding.  Heck, I hadn't even photographed a paid session.  Now?  I have almost 20 weddings under my belt with even more coming my way throughout 2016.  Next week I'll be making my way back to Vancouver for my second time at Canada Photo Convention.  The first time I attended CPC was just short of a year ago and I remember crying in the bathroom during lunch - embarrassing but true - because I felt like I was way over my head thinking that I could pass off as a professional.  But the funny thing is, by the time I left, I finally realized I had found a place where I belonged.  Where I felt safe.



And the best part of all of this?  I've finally found someone to share all these new, exciting moments of my life with besides my cat.  I can't help but feel grateful for all that's happened throughout this past year and to those who have helped me along the way.  


I hope I can look back at this post 10 years from now and just remember how far I have come.  At what can be achieved with hard work and a lot of heart.

2 comments:

  1. You're such an inspiration, Julie! So proud of you and all you have achieved in the year. You are determined, you are talented. You're on your way!! <3

    ReplyDelete