Saturday, June 13, 2015

55 DAYS WITHOUT COFFEE

I'm not really sure how it all happened but fifty-five days ago, Coffee and I, well...we called it quits.  

I know, I know, this may come as a shock to some of you, but really we were never meant to be.  
He kept me up at night.  
Made me so jittery it was hard to focus on my daily tasks.  
And it was hard to even get out of bed without giving in to his oh so sweet pick-me-up attitude every morning.



In the beginning, it was rough.  I was cranky, irritable and had a constant headache for about a week.  Like for realz, yo.  But once I got through that terrible, dreadful withdrawal period where all I wanted to do was climb into a cave and die, life has been good.  I am falling asleep faster and not to mention my sleep quality has improved.  I don't feel as anxious and jittery all the time (I have really bad anxiety and the coffee just made it waaay worse).  I'm still finding it a bit difficult to get out of bed in the morning, but it all comes with time.  It's a work in progress.  

I do still miss the taste, though, and have since been known to indulge in a decaf americano from time to time.  Relax.  I swear it's not cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment