Wednesday, June 17, 2015

BAM!

We're just finishing up at Reitmans, they said, we'll be right there!  I smiled as I placed my phone down on the table then gave the room a quick look-through.  I was meeting one of my oldest childhood friend's mother in law, Debbie, in a coffee shop down town.  Debbie, along with her mother and sister decided to have a week-long mother/daughter vacay on Vancouver Island and thought they'd stop by before venturing the ferry over to Quadra Island. 

The four of us sat down at the dark wooden table, sipping on coffee (decaf, of course ;) and laughing the whole time.  We talked about Amanda's (Debbie's daughter in law and my best friend) wedding last July and the birth of her first baby later on this summer.  I sloshed more coffee around my mouth and swallowed as the warm liquid fell into the pit of my stomach.  They told me about their trip - the B&B they stayed at the past two days in Qualicum Beach, and the stops that are soon to follow throughout the week.  As our coffee began to run cold, we realized an hour had gone by much too quickly.  Before they left for the ferry, we thought it was only appropriate to take a few photos to remember such a fun time in their lives - and to spice up their trip that much more like one of Emril  Lagasse's famous dishes.  BAM!

Venturing out of the dark coffee shop we were blinded by the summer sunshine which greeted us on the outside.  After a quick look around I spotted a mere 4x4 foot patch of shade on the side walk and got some images if them just being them.  Crazy.  Loud.  And of course, all sorts of Fun.

Here are a few of my favourites...



Of course an all girl mother/daughter trip wouldn't be complete without shopping.  They all got matching hats because, well, why not?!  


Ok, Grandma, we get it, you're adorable.


Mama and her crazy girls.



I wasn't kidding when I said they were fun ;)



Off to the ferry they go.  In style no less.



Happy Wednesday!

1 comment: