Wednesday, September 23, 2015

CLAM BUCKETS, WINE + A BEST FRIEND

So Saturday was my last wedding with Adina until NOVEMBER!!! and I am feeling a flurry of emotions over the whole thing.  We decided to have a slumber party because we're cute like that ;)  I don't even want to think about how it's going to be in November with our last wedding together; right now I'm just taking each day as it comes.  This year has been a total whirlwind for me - it is the year everything changed.  Laughter and tears, triumph and defeat...I feel like I have conquered the world, and at this point, there's nothing that can stop me.  It can only get better from here, right?!

I arrived in Port Alberni early Saturday morning so I wouldn't get stuck in traffic from the annual Port Alberni Toy Run - another reason why you should look into local events as well as the weather for a wedding day! -  so we decided to go out for an early brunch at the Clam Bucket to start our day off right!  And in all seriousness, if you haven't tried this place out, do it!  I promise you won't be disappointed.  After our delicious meal, we were off to document Amber and Keith's wedding for the majority of the day and had a blast like we always do.  We finished the day off with a glass bottle of red wine and lots of laughs.



We woke the next day with plans of getting LOTS of work done, but we decided spending the day in our pyjamas looking at pictures from all the weddings we shot together this year was a much better idea.  We did take a little break to be the guests of the most special birthday party for one special little girl's Imaginary Friend.  It was the most perfect day with the most perfect company.  As I drove home later that night, I couldn't help but think of how ridiculously crazy this year has been.  And the best part of everything, I've gained a best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment