Monday, October 20, 2014

A LITTLE RAIN NEVER HURT NOBODY

"I don't think it was such a good idea coming to the pumpkin patch today" I said looking over at my sister in the passenger seat, "It's really coming down".  I looked back at my windshield watching the wipers swished back and forth, trying to dry the glass from all the rain.  "It wasn't raining this much when we left" I concluded as I turned left into Coastal Black Wineries.

As we got out of the car,  I was astounded as to how many people were there.  It was raining buckets that day - and I mean it, by the we left we were all soaked.  Head to toe.  But despite the rain and crowds of people, I had the best time.  We played pumpkin bowling, hung out with some animals at the petting zoo, rode through the fields on a hay ride (which was terrifying.  There was no where to sit, so I had to hold a "surfers stance" for risk of falling over around corners and bumps) and played under the makeshift waterfall that was pouring out through the rain gutter.  

We'd been to the pumpkin patch before, but this time it was extra special.  Sometimes you just need to forget how cold it is and how wet you are and just enjoy the company your with.  Amazing things will happen if the only things you are focused on is having fun.  And that's exactly what we did.

Shine on.


The Evil Minion toque was crocheted by my dear friend, Amanda.  She's super talented and makes the best things! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment