Saturday, October 4, 2014

THE THREE AMIGOS

** WARNING**
What you're about to read sounds like a late-night-can't-sleep infomercial.

When grandparents talk about their grandsons and granddaughters collectively, they would say their 'grandchildren".  The same goes for parents, instead of calling upon their sons and daughters they would just say 'children' or 'kids'.  But what about aunts and uncles?  There is no word to combine niece and nephew, so we say just that - we don't have it easy like the other two.

When I was still in high school, my sister had a baby boy and I suddenly went from having two nieces to two nieces AND a nephew.  I found my self talking about them all the time constantly saying, "Oh, my nieces and nephew" and one day I just had enough and realized that something needed to be done.  But what shall I call them?  Grandchildren are so grand because they are the children of your children, but what would I call the children of my siblings?  Yes, that's right - if you catch my drift - I claimed the term  "Grandsiblings".  My life has been made easier ever since.

So here are my grandsiblings, cute as can be. 




I told them to all look at their favorite person.  Bailey looked at Jade, Jade looked at me and Maisie looked at herself.



Meet Rocky.  Don't ask me how I got her to sit so perfectly pretty for this, it just happened - like magic!
 

Keep being yourselves you wonderful things you.  You're lucky enough to be different, never change. 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment