Wednesday, July 15, 2015

LONG BEACH LODGE RESORT ELOPEMENT: NICKY + CHRIS

The rain lightly tapped the sides of the cottage at the Long Beach Lodge Resort in Tofino as we walked inside.  Nicky was sitting beautifully by the window as the make-up artist applied the finishing touches.  The atmosphere in the room was hard describe...it felt calm, it felt safe and it felt relaxed.  So much so that I often found myself forgetting that I was there to shoot a wedding.  Although I had just met them that day, Nicky and Chris felt like old friends which is why I feel that much more lucky to have bared witness as they committed their lives to one another.

A special shout out to Adina from Wren and Rook Photography (click HERE to see her blog post for Nicky + Chris) for allowing me to join her on such a magical and enchanted day.  You have generously awarded me with opportunities I once thought were never possible and you have made me a better person and a better photographer.  I am so happy to call you a friend and I cannot wait for the adventures we have in store for the rest of this wedding season.  We photographed this elopement back in April (it was the second wedding I have ever photographed) and I am so, SO thrilled to finally be able to share the images with you.


Nicky getting the finishing touches to her hair and make up by Salty Dolls Hair Salon in Tofino.


 The rings.



Nicky's gorgeous Badgley Mischka shoes...and something blue!



There was something truly special about Nicky and Chris getting ready together.  



That view though.



I think they like eachother ;)



Husband and wife.



After the ceremony we decided to walk down to the beach for some portraits.



They are so in love.



The thing about Chris, he was always there to help his new wife.  I don't think he left her side once the whole day.




This is one of my favourites.



Long Beach is a pretty amazing place.



And one last one of them looking extra fierce.  



Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment