Friday, January 30, 2015

JANUARY FAVES

Wow!  What a crazy month.  It's hard to think that it's already over.  New Year. Goals. Dreams. Experiences.  I can not wait to see what the rest of the year has in store when so much has happened in one month already!  Here's to the next eleven.  Below are a just a few of my favourite things from January.  Bring it on 2015!


1. Stylebook app.  No.80 on 101 in 1001 list was to organize my closet.  I've been trying to condense my wardrobe into about 50 key pieces.  Although I'm not quite there, this app has been a life-saver.  For under $5 this app catalogues all your clothes and from there you can put together outfits (from your own closet)  It even has a calendar so you can pick your outfits in advance so you spend less time going through piles of clothes with nothing to wear and more time doing things that actually matter.


2.  High ponytails.  They look good with anything - casual, classy, playful, lounging - and I've been rocking them almost everyday this month.  Wrap a 1/4 inch strand of hair around the elastic for a more put together look.


3. Purple lips.  More specifically, my Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick in Ultra Violet and Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Divine Wine.  One more dark and vamp-y, the other bright and fun.  A girl can never have too much lipstick, at least that's what I keep telling myself.


4. Taylor Swift and her new album, 1989.  That's right, I caved, and I love her.  My niece got it for her birthday and I "Put it on my computer so she can put them on her tablet if she feels like it."  Yes, I went there.  Not only are her songs catchy, but she has a big heart, killer style.  Plus we were born in the same year.  How can I not like her?!


5. House, M.D.  I needed a new show to take my mind off zombies while The Walking Dead is on their mid-season break (it starts back up on my birthday, y'all!!) and this show cured that zombie void in my soul.  And yes, this is my first time watching this show.  And no, I don't know why I didn't watch it sooner.  It's funny, sad and gave me a new vocabulary that pretty much makes  me a qualified doctor.  And Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) is the bomb dot com.  Need I say more?






6.  And since I have the willpower of a three year old, this is my new logo fresh from Aniya Jade Design Studio!  I couldn't be happier with it!  Originally, I was going to wait until my new website (coming soon!!), but I was just too excited.  so here it is in all it's beautiful-ness!

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment