Tuesday, January 6, 2015

WHY I BECAME A VEGETARIAN

I glanced over towards my friend who was eating a box of Lucky Charms, Why aren't you eating the marshmallows?  It's the best part.  He cocked his head and looked at me like I should have known the answer all along, Because I'm a vegetarian, he replied, and went on eating the not so yummy bits of dry cereal.  But there's no meat in marshmallows, I retorted with a sly gin across my face, so what's the deal.  Again, I got that same look as he told me about how they're made with gelatin, and it's practically the same thing.  And that was the end of that.  Fast forward six months to the present and I have been a full-fledged vegetarian for five months now, and I see no looking back.  

I came home from my friends house, curious about his lifestyle.  I have never been a big fan of meat, I just ate it because I thought I had to; it's how I was raised -  and truth is, you don't.  While reading blogs and watching YouTube videos, I came across Freelee the Banana Girl - if you've never heard of her, I highly suggest you look her up if this lifestyle is something you're interested in, or have been thinking about.  Now, I'm not going to stuff all the details  down your throat (not really what I'm into), but her videos opened my eyes to information I wasn't even aware of.  Long story short, if you do eat meat, be more cautious of where it comes from.  If you're an animal lover, like myself, it might do you some good to take a look into it.


Since switching to the vegetarian lifestyle, the most common question I get asked is, How do you get your protein, that can't be healthy.  And I will assure you that yes, I do get enough protein and yes, it is healthy.  And I'm saving my little animal friends in the process :)  

And since each post is better with a picture, here's Chachi guarding my books for me.  Look at how fierce she is.



Animals are our friends,
Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment