Monday, November 24, 2014

BOHEMIAM WINTER WONDERLAND

When I decided to take on photography, my end result goal was to only shoot weddings.  I like the idea of working with a client for months and months then finally shooting one of the most important days of their lives.   I feel that it suits my style and personality more than shooting the typical family portrait (which, don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing them, I just think their not so much my style).  But how do you book a client for a wedding when you've never done it before?

I have to admit, I started this business in the middle of wedding season, so I knew I wouldn't get any bookings.  Also, the opportunity to second shoot/assist went out the door because everyone was already booked and had made previous arrangements - which is fine!  I was prepared for this.  So I started to think outside the box.  I called up a friend and asked her to find a white dress.  I went to Thrifty Foods and bought some flowers, picked some holly and bough from the front yard to make the bouquet and head piece.  I did her hair and make-up and we were out the door!

I decided to set up this mini styled-shoot so I could start building my wedding portfolio.  You got to start somewhere, right?!  I love how everything turned out.  I had a vision and it came out exactly how I pictured it in my head.  Take a look into my Bohemian Winter Wonderland and let me know what you think :)


Thank you Etana for being a lovely model.  I really appreciate your patience and willingness to help a sista out! ;)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment