Saturday, November 8, 2014

TEN POINTS

I was laying on her bed, trying to take a little nap - children can be exhausting sometimes.  Seriously.  I don't know how parents do it.

How do you spell points?  I heard my neice ask as I rolled onto my back and looked at the ceiling.  I put my arm over my eyes so sheild them from the light.  P-O-I-N-T-S.  I heard her repeat what I said as she typed the words on a piece of paper.  All done!  Auntie, look!  I rolled over again, this time on my side so I could clearly see what she was showing me.  Look, this is the points.  This side is for Bailey and this side is for me.  And look here at the bottom...the first one to TEN points wins a prize!  Riiight, I don't remember agreeing to this.


Over the last week or so I've been playing this game with my niece and nephew.  When I tuck them into bed at night, I tell them, Make sure to wake me up in the morning!  This is usually replied to by them saying, Okay but don't tell Maisie/Bailey!  So I usually get woken up by Bailey first (if he didn't forget) followed by Maisie about thirty minutes later.  Did I get the point?  -No Bailey was here first, so he gets the point, you have to be quicker if you want that prize!  Then I hear them upstairs arguing about who got the point and how that's not fair!  I was there first!  And then they just go on to being regular kids.  You know, like most kids usually do.


I'm not sure who's winning, Maisie probably faked a lot of her points, but I don't care.  They are only six and eight, so I'm trying to hold onto their innocence as long as I can.  Before I know it I'm going to be "too un-cool" for them and they'll go on doing their own things and exploring life for themselves.  We have to hold onto these precious moments, because once they're gone you can't get them back.



Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment