Wednesday, November 12, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM

When I was young, my mom would tuck me into bed each and every night.  Heck!  If I still lived with her, I'm sure she'd still do it.  She would slowly walk into my room, tuck me in real tight, gently kiss my forehead then finish it off with a hug.  She would then say goodnight as she quietly walked to the door.  At this point I'd poke my head from under the covers and ask her to sing me a song.  She always did.  And when I asked for more she'd just keep going.  And after countless skinnamarinks and spiders going up the water spout I'd finally be ready for bed.  Another 23 kisses, 47 hugs and 139 I love yous and she'd be out the door and I would be fast asleep.  She did this every night and never lost her patience with me when I would rather rehearse a sing-along then go to bed.  Every night.  Keep in mind she was a single mother with four (FOUR!!!!) children.  I don't know how she's still sane.  

She's funny, beautiful and I'm incredibly lucky to call her Mom.  It's also her birthday today.  She's 30 for the twenty-seventh time!  Happy Birthday, Mom.  Thanks for all the sing-a-longs.  You're the greatest.



Happy Birthday xo

No comments:

Post a Comment